As the World Travel Market in London is around the corner we asked experienced trade show stand designer Dawn Sutcliffe on her insights by giving us the DOs and DON’T of a trade fair stand.
- Look at your stand from the perspective of your Customer. What should they immediately recognise? Establish your brand in terms of quality, price, fun, tech, global, dynamic, serious, etc.
- What is your message for the show? A product, service, new launch? Create some highlight areas to the edge of stand to bring people in, and promote your core products inside of the stand.
- What have you positioned at eye level for their attention? What have you positioned high up for long distance presence?
- Use your established branding from print and online and translate this into 3D. Logos, colours, Images, Films. Create your brand world for your guests to come into
- Use your live promotion for online content. Set up a live stream, hire a small film crew to document your show and edit into 30sec clips to push on your online channels.
- Go cheap. It looks so immediately. Spend your budget wisely, invest in the right things and keep the rest simple and classy
- Plaster all available space with images and logos. It’s a mess and your message is indiscoverable. Make a decision on what you are presenting for this show and why, and commit to it.
- fill your space with furniture, or leave it too bare! It should be the right balance to welcome your guests and make them feel comfortable to stay a while
- Print unless necessary. Not many want to carry heavy brochures around all day. Look into digital ways to distribute material. Ideally straight to their inboxes
- Be intimidated. If you’re unsure, ask. Double check, compare. You are completely within your right as the customer. I have seen many times contractors sensing vulnerability in female clients and try to up-sell and convince them they need something. And I find female clients feel happier to discuss details with me than male colleagues.
” I guess for fear of seeming silly. It’s your money, be sure and happy how it’s being spent Happy trade fair everyone! ”
Meet Women in Hospitality and Travel-Tech at WTM at the Women in Travel Meet Up
5th November 4:30 pm South Gallery Room 20-21
See you there!